Tanzania Industries Gateway
Apply for membership
Membership in sectors
News & Updates
Training Unit overview
SOFT AND TECHNICAL SKILLS GRADUATES
Back to course
1. Importer applies for destination inspection (TBS Provisional permit form to be filled properly and submitted along with relevant consignment documents).
2. Debit advice will be raised using final assessment from TRA and the client will pay destination inspection.
3. The importer or clearing agent fills the batch application form (If the consignment will be subjected to testing).
4. Physical inspection will be done by TBS inspector. (If the consignmet is subject to testing, samples will be collected).
5. Conditional release request, conditional release form, importer and agent identity cards
6. Clearance permit will be issued.
7. Testing will be done at the TBS laboratory if sample was taken.
8. Batch certificate is issued if the inspected consignment and tested sample conforms to requirements of the relevant standard.
• Packing list
• Commercial Invoice
• Bill of lading or airway bill or road consignment note
• Tanzania Revenue Authority assessment document
• TBS Provisional permit
• Conditional release letter, conditional release form, importer’s ID and agent’s custom ID.
• Sugar board permit (for sugar consignments).
• GCLA permit (for chemical consignments).
• TFDA permit (for medical items).
• Quality certificate from manufacturer (for exempted goods).
• TBS exemption letter (for exempted goods).
• Endorsement for TBS licenced products.
• PRO6 form from TRA for diplomatic goods.
• BD form from TRA for personal use items (returning residents). For those employees coming from outside of the country WORK PERMIT should be attached with other attachments with BD form.
I. Clearance permit
II. Test report
• TZS 50,000 Application fee for TBS.
• TZS 100,000 Inspection fee, TBS.
• Testing fees - varies depending on the product.
• Batch certification fees - 0.2% of the cost and freight (C+F) * Exchange rate
• TZS 150,000 Physical verification fee.
• 15% (C+I+F) * Exchange rate (C = Cost, I = Insurance, F= Freight) - Penalty for uninspected items regulated under PVoC with FOB value from 5,000 USD and above.
• Within 48 hours for clearance permit
Office in Charge
• 01 to 02 days for Batch certificate
Import inspection Office, TBS
Director General Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) Person Incharge – Import Inspection Section Ubungo Area, Morogoro/Sam Nujoma Road P O Box 9524, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Telephone +255 22 245 0298 | +255 22 245 0206 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org